Who doesn’t love a good michelada?! With Cinco de Mayo approaching I decided to share my famous michelada recipe. If you haven’t tried a michelada yet then you’re missing out! A michelada is the Mexican version of a Bloody Mary but with beer! This flavorful drink is also world famous for curing hangovers, otherwise known as a “hair of the dog”. This simple recipe is sure to spice up your happy hour with friends.
Tabasco (or another favorite hot sauce)
Worcestershire sauce (or soy sauce)
Your favorite beer (I prefer Dos XX, Tecate or Corona)
- Pour out some Chamoy and Tajin on a plate
- Dip your cup’s rim in the Chamoy then in Tajin
- Pour half the cup full with Clamato juice
- Sprinkle just a bit of pepper, 4 dashes of Worcestershire sauce, 4 dashes of tabasco (or more for spicier drink), 1 lime’s juice and stir well
- Add ice
- Place in celery stick and pour the rest of the cup with preferred beer
- Add a lime for garnish and serve
This drink is one of my favorites and is extra fun because every country and person makes it completely different. Indulge in these babies all Cinco de drinko long!!